Following is a list of products developed by RightHand Technologies' that have received various difficult-to-achieve agency approvals.
RTCA Qualified Products
Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
RTCA qualification requirements cover acceptable environmental qualifications for airworthiness and safety as defined by the FAA. RTCA/DO-160 has been used as a standard for environmental testing since 1958, and defines standard environmental test conditions (categories) and applicable test procedures for airborne equipment.
The RTCA/DO-160 testing is performed by independent labs that provide rigorous exercises to demonstrate the performance characteristics of airborne equipment in environmental conditions that may be encountered while operating in an aircraft. RightHand engineers typically prepare the hardware and documentation for testing and are available to make on-site design modifications to ensure compliance and to systematically incorporate the design changes into the production process.
Examples of RTCA Qualified Products developed by RightHand Technologies
- In-flight audio and video servers
- High-definition bulkhead video display unit approved by the FAA for aircraft installation
- Aircraft cabin management system computer
- In-flight satellite communications controller and Wi-Fi access point
MIL-STD-810 Qualified Products
Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests for the DOD
MIL-STD-810 is a set of testing standards defined by the Department of Defense for "Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests." The focus of the standard is to define established testing chamber methods that replicate the effects of environments on the equipment. The MIL-STD-810 test series are approved for use by all departments and agencies of the United States Department of Defense (DOD). MIL-STD-810 certification is a requirement for most military electronics.
Examples of MIL-STD 810G Qualified Products developed by RightHand Technologies
- Mission-critical flight computers
- Ground control station for unmanned military aircraft
- Video and system control for a situation room high-resolution video tabletop on a Navy warship
- Navigation control station for several classes of Navy submarines
- Targeting computer for a portable missile launcher
- Integrated computer for combat use by ground soldiers
- Portable air-vehicle image exploitation supercomputer (portable and rack-mount)
- Engagement reporting system for military aircraft
FCC and UL Approved Products
Examples of FCC and UL Approved Products developed by RightHand Technologies
- Portable X-ray machines
- Ruggedized portable video game system
- Industrial grade video surveillance system
- Portable audio/video conferencing system
- High-voltage line tester
- Multifunction patient monitoring system
- Video display system (five simultaneous displays) for an electronic theater lighting control system