Outsourcing to the Right Team: RightHand
Companies typically choose a service provider based on comfort level. There are three basic options: outsource to an external vendor, keep a project in-house, or contract to a personal acquaintance of someone on your staff. Hiring an external resource is like hiring the unknown, and we’d like to put you at ease.
Why choose RightHand?
- RightHand has experience with the skills you require. View the RightHand case studies to find a project similar to your own. If you are unsure, give us a call.
- We communicate well, written and verbally, by email, by phone and in person.
- Our past and current customers recommend our services. (Customer Satisfaction Survey Results).
- We have a low employee turnover rate of less than 1% (Happy employees are productive, and because they stick around for a long time, they have lots of experience. They will be there when you need them again.).
- Flexible contract options.
- You can rely on us time and time again (We’ve been around since 1992 and the focus of our business has remained unchanged).
Our employee turnover rate is less than 1%.
100% of our customers recommend us
– and we’ll arrange to have you talk to them.
Outsourcing your project to the lowest bidder, or to India or China, won’t necessarily get you to market for the least amount of money or the greatest margin.
Outsourcing to the lowest bidder (including going offshore) puts you at risk for a vendor that:
- Does the minimum required work.
- Assigns less skilled engineers to your project.
- Are not available. Significant time zone differences and language barriers only exasperates the problem.
- Miscommunicates. Communication barriers typically result in product redesign, thus higher costs.
- Has a high employee turnover rate. Delays and smaller profit margins are the cost of reassigning an engineer to your project.
Offshoring adds additional risks and costs:
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection.
- Complying with employee labor laws.
- Understanding the laws, customs and rights of another country – and what action could be taken against you and/or your resource partner if negligent.
- Political influences.
- Cultural differences which result in miscommunications, redesign and delays.
- Security – both for your employees and your intellectual property.
According to Hewitt & Associates, in 2005, employees in the India IT-enabled industry received salary increases averaging 17.9%. Retaining employees is a growing concern in Asia with China at 14.4% attrition rate, and India at 13.1% attrition. With overseas turnover rates and rising salaries, remember that you get what you pay for.
Why RightHand is an Excellent First Choice.
Experience – Many of our engineers have Master degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. 90 percent of our engineers have experience between 5 and 25 years in the embedded systems industry. We’ve likely completed a project similar to yours, and our customers recommend us.
Project Management – Consistent, successful project results are a product of sound project management, methodical tracking and detailed reporting of activities throughout the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
Communication – Accessible, responsive engineers that are both friendly and technical. Don’t take our word for it, our customers tell us we communicate well, written and verbally, by email, by phone and in person.
Flexible Contract Options – Fixed Bid (for customers who know exactly what they want), Time and Materials (for customers with projects in the process of being defined), or a hybrid (Time and Materials as the architecture and specs are defined, then a Fixed Bid for implementation). More info...
Governed by United States Laws –RightHand is a U.S. based company with all development completed in the US. Signed contracts are subject to United States laws and regulations, protecting your intellectual property.
Secure Systems - All servers are powered by the latest technology and are imaged regularly.
Source Code Control - Software code is checked into a source control system and is tagged and backed up regularly.
Stability – We’ve been in business since 1992 and the focus of our business has remained unchanged, software for hardware-based products.
Contact us now to start a working relationship with RightHand today.